A map of the island of Lindisfarne, also known as 'The Holy Island'. Situated off the coast of Northumberland in the North Sea, Lindisfarne was a highly-important centre of early medieval 'Celtic' Christianity in Anglo-Saxon England. This map depicts the medieval castle and priory ruins, and has been embellished with decorations inspired by the beautiful 8th century Lindisfarne Gospels manuscript, currently at the British Library.
- Printed on high quality 300 gsm cream coloured paper (archival quality, carbon neutral, and acid free) with an antique 'laid' texture for that perfect old map appearance.
- Print measures 297 mm x 400 mm.
- Signed by the artist, dated, and numbered.
- Add a 14" x 18" black mount (as shown) for £3.00.
- Open Edition Print (first edition).
Live outside the UK and want your map delivered quickly? Please check out my Express Delivery Service. Click here.
If you live in Durham, you may send me an email to arrange for collection and payment in person to avoid postage: email@example.com